Sunday, June 17, 2012

Where You Least Expect It

So, the other morning, I was flipping through the Menards ad from the newspaper, when I noticed this:

See that on the bottom?  I don't know if they always do this, but each page in the ad had a little inspirational quote at the bottom.

I have always been a sucker for motivational quotes, so I picked out a couple that I thought it would be good to think about this weekend.

Don't look for inspiration, be your inspiration.

Amy: I agree and disagree with this one. There are people in my life who inspire me to do things I never thought of.  However, I like this quote because it reminds me that I can be my own inspiration too.  As I typically say about running, it's amazing because you can compete with others, but the true victory is when you beat yourself.

Ashley:  I would agree with Amy on both Agreeing and Disagreeing but I think that I would be more likely to disagree because I am the kind of person who doubts myself and my abilities much more often than I should.  However if I know that there is something I am passionate about, I am my inspiration and strive to be the inspiration other people look for. 

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.

Amy: Kind of goes along with the last one.  There is no greater feeling than looking back on something tough, whether it's running, work, or anything else, and saying whoa...I did that.  Of course, there is a time and place for biting off more than you can chew...I say, make it something you're passionate about.


Ashley:  I feel that I'd have to disagree with this statement.  Maybe it's bad of me to think that I don't believe this statement however, I err on the side of caution a lot in my life because I know that I don't have the best ability to take on much more than I can handle at a given time.  I know I CAN do it, but I also like to work up to my comfort zone and then push myself to go just a little bit further.  I am also proud of myself that with being a new runner I have never felt like I've bitten off too much... does this mean I should take bigger bites?  = )

Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.

Amy: Victory here does not have to mean you won.  You just achieved it!  The first thing to come to mind is my first 5k.  I certainly didn't win, but crossing the finish line and knowing I achieved what I had said out to do (in my goal time!), was an amazing feeling.


Ashley:  If you read the post I put up on Thursday with the photo challenge result of wanting to cross my first finish line, I'd be repeating after Amy if I answered this question by verbalizing my answer.  I'm just getting to know the aforementioned feeling of "exhilaration of victory" and I absolutely love the feeling!

In other news, Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there!  We are fortunate to have a great dad, who we love very much!

Do any of these quotes resonate with you?
How did you celebrate Father's Day this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment