Monday, August 1, 2011

Ashleys house, from the start...

My house, which is in the same town as Amy's, is new construction rather than pre-existing which means it is an extremely blank slate.  We were using the excuse "we can't paint yet because of nail pops, foundation settling and what happens if we drip paint on the new carpet!"  Well the excuses have gone by the way-side.  We're starting to get teased about our blank walls and stark white.  Time to turn 4 walls into a room, the room with an oven and sink a KITCHEN, to turn the room with a bed into a BEDROOM and to make a bathroom more than just the room where you take a shower every day.  This is what we have to work with... and this is just the beginning of my story.


kitchen

                                                              Living Room
                                                           Sink side of our kitchen
                                                                 guest room
                                                                master bedroom (incomplete)

                                                                       Guest Bath
                                                               Kitchen Cabinets - pre-completion



So there ya have it!  I didn't get any fun pictures of me on our closing day, I haven't gotten the "best" pictures of the house before but I sure hope to have some pretty amazing after pictures.  Now is the time to welcome you to my story and the beginning stages in the process of turning my house into a home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment