|Let's go Hawks!|
According to the article, being a sports fan has these 5 health benefits:
1. "It inspires you to get active."
This one made me laugh, because I instantly thought of when I was a kid. I loved to watch figure skating and gymnastics, but you had better believe I was "ice skating" around the kitchen for the rest of the night. Kristi Yamaguchi was my girl.
2. "Watching live sports is a workout in itself."
Sure is! Especially for my BIL. He paces during big Packers games, and it sure is funny.
3. "You'll live longer."
Hope so! That is all. :)
4. "It's good for your relationships."
No relationship to speak of here, but I certainly feel like sports are good for my friendships. The BIL and I love a little friendly football rivalry.
5. "It will make you smarter."
Here is what I love about sports:
1. They bring people together. I mean, really...who doesn't love a good tailgating party?
2. They're an awesome adrenaline rush. Nothing is quite as fun as dancing at the United Center after a Blackhawks goal. Kind of like the endorphins after a great workout!
3. Generally, there is good food involved in one way or another. Priorities people.
4. They make you part of something bigger than yourself- a team. And how cool is that?
Your turn...what do YOU love about sports?