Thursday, February 16, 2012

Old Memories

I've been thinking more about WHY I want to pursue this love for photography and didn't have any trouble realizing why it is so important to me-- simply put, the memories.  A photo (good or bad) provides a memory; it tells a story; it's a description in some sense.   Even if a memory may be one we want to forget, there may come a day when you feel the desire to have the memory resurface. 

As many people in the general area and across the world have heard, on February 14, 2008 the world of Northern Illinois University was shaken.  As Alma Mater to both Amy and myself, as well as most of our friends, it hit close to home.  I was on the campus of NIU that day, so this week was the anniversary of this heart breaking day, and it has made me appreciate the memories I have of college.  Some are great, some are not, but each one tells me a story, which to me is extremely important. 

Since I have felt the need to take a break from my camera this week, I haven't taken many photos to add to this post but along with my photos come my memories so I've picked a few photos that tell an important story to me.



A photo of me as a child feeding a baby doll.  This is around the age I established that when I grew up I wanted to be a mom.  While I have no children of my own, I still carry on the passion of working with children.  A photo to begin years of memories...at the time this photo was taken no one could have told me that it would be a preview of what my life would be 20 years later.



Sorry about the way this photo is presented, it has been scanned and cropped and now wont present correctly.   Anyway, this is a photo showing me as Amy's "mirror" a way to show I've always looked up to my sister.  Little did we know at this time we would be so much alike yet different in so many ways. 

There is not enough ways to describe the memories depicted in old photographs, but I find it amazing to think that the same photo has so many different meanings to every person who looks at it! 

That, my friends, is WHY I want to take this photography thing and run with it!


Amy's Photo Challenge!
Challenge:  A photo of something I like to spend my free time doing... to which I'll also provide you this picture of the cover of the book The Hunger Games (more information found here.)  a recommended read by you guessed it....

Amy!

So here you have it... I love to spend my free time READING!!




Until next time....



Alright sis...for next week's challenge, I'd like to see a picture that prominently shows your favorite color.


Have you read The Hunger Games?  Who's excited for the movie?


No comments:

Post a Comment