As you might remember, one of my goals for the year is to run a race in every season. This race will cover Spring for me, as race day is May 20th.
|Yay, Spring! No long sleeves and tights this time around!|
- Incorporate more strength/cross training into my weeks. I have been doing a lot less running lately, and I have really been enjoying the variety in my XT workouts and the more toned muscles I'm seeing. I definitely don't want to lost that, and I think it will definitely help my time.
- Don't become a crazy germa-phobe the week before the race. I will try, but this will be tough. I was SO stressed last time!
- Run with buddies more often. I really flew solo in training last time, which was good for my first. I'm worried I will burn out without a buddy this time...maybe a running club?
- Race without an iPod. Eeek! What a scary thought! However, there will be live music on the course, so it could definitely be doable.
|My brother in law does rock at race playlists though...|
- Finish under 2:00. Another of my goals for the year. I will be especially excited if this happens, because I plan to...
- Make my own training plan. Last time, I used this training plan from Pink Runner. This time, I want to include some tempo runs and speedwork while gradually increasing my mileage. I'm having trouble finding a plan that fits everything I want, so I tried to make one of my own. More about that on Tuesday!
Any big races coming up?
Has anyone made their own training plan before? Any suggestions?