Well, that was me today.
I started out my run, and someone let her dog off of the leash, which is not uncommon in my neighborhood. I thought to myself, "Good thing that dog didn't bite me. Hm, what would I do if I got bit by a dog?"
About 3 miles later, bam.
|Can't find any unhappy-looking pictures, so a random post-race picture will have to do.|
- Told the owners I was OK. They asked and were very apologetic.
- Stopped running and walked the rest of the way home.
- Called my sister to freak out, haha.
- Called my close friend who is a nurse to find out what to do (she said to wash it with soap and water and keep an eye on it for any redness).
- Washed it with soap and water.
- Sprayed some Neosporin on it.
- Not panicked.
- Got some information from the dog's owners.
- Go to the doctor?
- Call whoever does the animal registries to figure out if the dog had all it's vaccinations.
So, now I need some input.
Have you ever had this experience?
What SHOULD I have done?