Thursday, April 5, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!

Well, this past weekend knocked a lot off of my "bucket" list.  I took my first flight on an airplane, my first time in Vegas, and my first time attending the Academy of Country Music Awards. 

 First up... The flight. 
    Our flight was at 9:50am therefore we had to leave early in the morning for the airport, I got about 3 hours of sleep the night before and realized that I was more nervous about a flight than I was on my wedding day (could be good OR bad!)  when we landed I realized that it wasn't all that bad, then I thought "ok I only had to get married once, I still have to fly home!"  but I didn't let the fear of the flight home get me down.  It turned out fine, we made it home safe but I still haven't convinced myself to want to fly again.


Bucket list item #2 :  Las Vegas-  This lion was the first thing I saw when I entered the hotel in Vegas.  We stayed at the MGM Grand which was a very pretty hotel but also weirdly modern and it was the first "eco-friendly" hotel I've ever stayed at.   My first impression of Vegas wasn't as "busy" as I thought it would be, but everything was large scale for sure.

Bucket List Item #3  : the ACM awards.
Kind of like a glorified concert but still very cool to see.  I wasn't able to bring my camera into the show but it was the same as what it looks like on TV.
Earlier in the day, before the show, Matt and I went to the "ACM experience expo" which had a bunch of booths set up each displaying something different.  One of the first booths we visited allowed us to actually hold one of the awards.  It was fun to see them up close and the award was actually very heavy!




This weeks photo challenge was :  The most colorful thing I can find
So true to Vegas style I present my photo challenge results:  The "strip"  lit up at night!




For next week's challenge...I'd like to see a picture that makes you exhausted just looking at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment