Sunday, March 18, 2012

Amy and Ashley A-to-Z

If you ever read our blog (particularly on weekends), you know that we love surveys.  So, when Janetha over at Meals and Moves started this one, I was pretty ecstatic.  Here goes nothing!

A is for age:
Amy: I'm 27.  Still mid-20's, thank you very much.
Ashley:  I'm 25...mid-20's and I feel old...


B is for breakfast today:
Amy: I tried this Cinnamon Apple Cake Bake from here.  It was so yummy and kept me full all the way until lunch, even though I got up obscenely early. 

Ashley: I didn't eat breakfast today  (oops!)


C is for currently craving:
Amy: A smoothie...but I think I'm just thirsty.
Ashley: Something salty like pita chips


D is for dinner tonight:
Amy: Another blog recipe!  I fired up the crockpot and made Cilantro Lime Chicken.  Really yummy, and already looking forward to the leftovers!  (Gotta love WIAW...it gives the best ideas!)

Ashley: Just a chicken sandwich...light but satisfying.


E is for favorite type of exercise:
Amy: I am definitely a runner at heart...but I have really developed an appreciation for strength workouts lately.  I'm loving ab work lately.

Ashley:  I feel most relaxed going for a walk, either at a slow or brisk pace.

Oh look...a picture of me running.  Who would have thought?

F is for an irrational fear:
Amy: For some reason, I FREAK OUT when the power goes out.  I have to sleep with noise, and no power means no fan.  I don't like silence.  Weirdo.

Ashley: I really don't like things I can't predict.  It causes me crazy anxiety.


G is for gross food:
Amy: Peas.  Yuck.
Ashley:  Fish...blah


H is for hometown:
Amy: Add it to the irrational fears (although I don't necessarily find this one irrational), but I'm not a fan of giving out my location.  We'll just say the Chicago suburbs.

Ashley:  agree with Amy


I is for something important:
Amy:  My family.  And friends I consider family.  They rock.

Ashley:  My family for sure!



J is for current favorite jam:
Amy: Well, if we're talking the figurative meaning of jam...I sure can rock out to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" in the car.  If we're talking food, I'm counting the pumpkin butter I got from Trader Joe's.  Not sure if it qualifies as jam, but I'm also not sure that I care.  :)

Ashley:  I'm really not a fan of the food "jam" but like Amy I can rock out to quite a few songs on the radio. 


K is for kids:
Amy: I spend my day with 160 of them.  Never a dull moment.

Ashley:  LOVE EM!


L is for current location:
Amy: My lovely little office, which is long overdue for an overhaul.

Ashley:  My finally completely painted living room!


M is for the most recent way you spent money:
Amy: Treats for some special people with a little guy on the way.

Ashley:  Painting the house.


N is for something you need:
Amy: Bananas...eek!  I'm almost out!

Ashley:  Groceries in general... cooking up dinner for the next few days will be a challenge our pantry is empty!


O is for occupation:
Amy: Teacher.

Ashley:  Child Care provider/ Early Childhood educator (thats what my degree says)


P is for pet peeve:
Amy: When someone says "I'll also have _____ too."  If you say "also," you don't need the "too!"  Neurotic English teacher moment.

Ashley:  Arguing... I hate it when someone always has to argue with what you say.


Q is for a quote:
Amy: Love this one that I pinned today: "The miracle isn't that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the courage to start."  I can't read the author, so I'm linking it.

Ashley:  I've recently found a random quote on pinterest that says "No matter how slow you're going you're always going faster than the person sitting on the couch"  I've found it very inspirational  for me beginning my work out regimen.


R is for random fact about you:
Amy: Apple Pie is my specialty.

Ashley:  I have an unusually high level of patience and can ignore things some people can't stand (like the crying child in a restaurant).


S is for favorite healthy snack:
Amy: PB on whole wheat bread.

Ashley: lately it's been string cheese...I like the mid-day energy boost it gives me.


T is for favorite treat:
Amy: Cereal.  It's dangerous.

Ashley: Peanut butter cups!


U is for something that makes you unique:
Amy: Well, I sing random songs...often.  And my toes bend backwards.

Ashley:  Oh I don't know... I can make my voice sound like a chipmunk from Alvin and the Chipmunks.


V is for favorite vegetable:
Amy: Zucchini

Ashley:  Celery

W is for today’s workout:
Amy: Nada.  Sunday's my rest day.

Ashley:  I didn't work out today... I guess running up and down the stairs in my house 10 times to try to control a water leak issue we had.


X is for X-rays you’ve had:
Amy: The general chest x-ray when you're sick and mouth at the dentist.  I think I had one on my knee when I blew it out before college...but not sure.

Ashley:  Same as Amy, general chest x-ray and my mouth.  Nothing else luckily (knock on wood!)


Y is for yesterday’s highlight:
Amy: Spending the day with some of my favorite people.

Ashley:  Spending the day with the same people Amy spent the day with... was super fun!!


Z is for your time zone:
Amy: Central

Ashley: Central

No comments:

Post a Comment