Sunday, March 25, 2012

These are a few of our favorite things!

Weekends are for sister dates (both on our blog and in real life, haha).  After a fun "sister date" yesterday (Amy and I went to see The Hunger Games movie and then enjoyed some delicious dinner at Cheesecake Factory).  We've decided to do a blog about some of our favorite things!!


Favorite book:
Ashley:  I'm a fan of all books written by Nicholas Sparks, but my favorite of his is The Rescue.
Amy: No surprise that I became a middle school English teacher when you hear my favs:  Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott, and The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton.


Favorite food:
Ashley:  Pasta!
Amy: It's probably the world's most boring answer, but I LOVE bread.  I could seriously make a meal of it, if I didn't know anything about nutrition and was OK with being hungry within an hour, lol.




Favortie article of clothing:
Ashley:  I love my NIU hoodies, warm and cozy!
Amy: I LOVE long tank tops...not sure why.


Favorite time of day:
Ashley:  I like evenings, about 7pm, because the work day is over, most times dinner is made, eaten and cleaned up, and I can relax and reflect on the day. If it was a good day I like telling Matt the funny stories; if it wasn't that great of a day I usually just enjoy some quiet time.
Amy: I started off saying a "ditto" to Ashley's, but when I think about it, I am becoming more and more of a morning person.  Nothing better than my quiet time on weekends eating breakfast and drinking coffee.


Favorite thing to do:
Ashley:  Lately I've really enjoyed having time to read books and of course blogs!
Amy: I really like going on long walks and talking with people I care about...cheesy, I know.

Favorite vacation spot:
Ashley: I haven't been on many vacations too far from home.  One place that I know I look forward to is Wisconsin.   Matt and I go to Vegas this week, my first time on an airplane and my first time in Vegas! 
Amy: The more I think about it, the more amazing I think New York is.  I would love to go back...but I have lots of other places to check off my list first!



Favorite spot to be in your house:
Ashley:  I am most comfortable in the living room or my bedroom if I want quiet.
Amy: I love my little corner spot on the couch.  My bed is also pretty awesome.  And...I love sitting on my back porch on a nice day.  Hm...I pretty much like all the places in my house!  :)

Favorite item in your posession:
Ashley:  My photo albums are by far my favorites becuase I put a lot of work into all of them, and I enjoy looking through pictures over and over.
Amy: Hmm...well I pretty much love my Kindle.  I do, however, have little items that make me think of different people that I find really special.  My birthstone ring, my maid of honor book from Ashley's wedding, etc.

Favorite childhood memory:
Ashley:  I have many favorite memories, but I think that my favorite would be being able to go back outside to play after dinner in the summer because it stayed light outside until almost 9pm.
Amy: The first ones to pop into my head were having indoor picnics with my mom and Ashley and playing games with my Dad.  :)



Favorite TV show:
Ashley:  Total fan of The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars.
Amy: Right now, I am sooo into The Biggest Loser.  I'm also quite the Gleek!  :)

Favorite movie:
Ashley:  I could watch and rewatch the movie UP.  Its so cute and such a good story.
Amy: I'm not a huge movie person, but I really like Batman Begins, Shakespeare in Love, and the Transformers movies.  Quite an interesting mix...huh?

Favorite work out:
Ashley:  I like going for walks... I'm almost to the point where I might start doing my Couch to 5k program.  I'm following the plan I found here.
Amy: Running.  Hands down.  Although I do miss spin class!

Favorite accessory:
Ashley:  The necklace that Amy made me for Christmas!  She blogged about them on this post.
Amy: My go-to is always my knock-off (oops...secret's out!) Tiffany's necklace that looks like a ribbon.  I get lots of compliments on it, and it has an important meaning for me.


Favorite cosmetic must-have:
Ashley:  Eye liner!  I never used to wear it, but now I feel like my eyes look tired if I don't use it to open them up.
Amy: Mascara.  If I'm not wearing it, I feel like I look sick.

Favorite part of your job:  
Ashley:  Making memories.
Amy: Those unexpected moments when you realize you're making a difference.

Favorite thing to do on a summer day:
Ashley: It doesn't happen often, but a few times a summer Matt and I will go to the zoo... it's super fun! 
Amy: Sit outside with people I love and chat.  So relaxing!

These are just some of our favorite things (shout out to Julie Andrews!), now we want to know what are some of your favorite things??

No comments:

Post a Comment