Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: Spring Break Edition

Yay for Spring Break!  My mom and I just got back from a great little getaway to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.  It's a small town, obviously by a lake, full of cute little shops and restaurants.  We found some amazing spots, that I just had to point out to people in the general area!

Our favorite by far was Simple Cafe.


Simple is an adorable little cafe just outside of downtown that serves breakfast and lunch.  They buy as much of their food locally as they can, which I thought was pretty cool.  We loved this place so much, we went twice.  In two days.  I had breakfast both times.  Yum.

We also loved Boatyard Bagel Co.  This place is what you would probably guess-- a bagel shop.  They have awesome bagel sandwiches!  I had "The Anchor" with apple, chicken, and brie, and it was ridiculous.  I had to text Ashley that we are coming back.  It was that good.

Not having to work brings the amazing freedom to eat what I want...and I realized this morning that, it's Wednesday!  So, I started taking pictures.



Here's what I ate...Spring Break style!

Pre-run snack
6:30 am

Banana (unpictured...it was early)

Post-run snack
8 am

Oatmeal-Raisin (well, in my case, cranberry) Breakfast Cookie from Chocolate Covered Katie (also unpictured...still early)

Breakfast
9:30 am

Breakfast Sandwich with potatoes at Simple
  Realized it was Wednesday halfway in.  Coffee was certainly consumed as well!

Lunch
1:30 pm

Yep, forgot the picture of this one too.  I had a black bean burger with yogurt and an apple.  Wanted something crunchy, so I finished it off with buttered popcorn rice cakes.

Snack
3 pm

I remembered the picture on this one--promise!  Google+, however, disagrees and won't upload it.  I was still surprisingly hungry after lunch (lesson learned- I really can't break my eating routine!), so I had a fairly odd combo of a pumpkin Vitatop with cottage cheese.  It tasted like pumpkin cheesecake.  Winner!

Dinner
6pm

Spinach Artichoke Muffin Pizzas with zucchini and cookies
The pizzas were inspired by this recipe from Get Healthy with Heather.  I definitely want to try the real version of this pizza when I have the motivation!  I had some zucchini (yay green!) and some more oatmeal-raisin breakfast cookies along with it.

Dessert
8:30 pm

Apple, Multi-Grain Cheerios, and almond milk
I have a small addiction to cereal.

There is something so liberating about just being able to eat when I want to!

Thanks to Jenn for hosting WIAW!  The second time was just as fun as the first!

What was the best thing you ate today?
Am I the only one who gets excited about not having to eat "around" my work schedule?


No comments:

Post a Comment