Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Needed Distraction

My upcoming half marathon is 6 days away...more like 5 1/2.  And...my shin splints are back.

Needless to say, I'm panicing a little.  Enter kinesiology tape.

If you know anything about shin splints or kinesiology tape, you probably already know that I was panicking a lot.  Because it took me until I sat down to write this post -- a good two hours after said shins were taped -- to realize that I had taped them completely backwards.

Much better.  Hope this helps!
Needless to say, I don't think my sanity can handle another all-running post today.  Enter Paige's Healthy Living Survey, which has been sitting in my favorites for just a moment such as this.

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

Oat bran with ground flax, almonds, and banana.  I was super hungry before lunch.  Lesson learned: Peanut butter truly IS required for a good breakfast!

2. How much water do you drink a day?

Definitely not enough.  I would say probably anywhere between 2 1/2 and 4 glasses.

3. What is your current favorite workout?

I am strangly loving tempo runs these days.

4. How many calories do you eat a day?

Between 1800 and 2200.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

I looove PB on toast.  I count this as healthy since I'm addicted to organic PB.  I also like cottage cheese with oats.

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

Really into egg scrambles these days.  But the typical is some sort of main dish/sandwich/wrap with fruit and a little something sweet, like a kashi bar.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?

Abs.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?

Not sure I have a least favorite.  Although leg workouts have been boring me lately.

9. What are your "bad" food cravings?

Pretzels dipped in frosting...eek!

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

Multi-vitamin every morning.

11. How often do you eat out?

I'd say about 2-3 times a week.

12. Do you eat fast food?

Very rarely.

13. Who is your biggest supporter?

If you've ever read this blog...you know the answer to that one.  I have the best one ever.

14. Do you have a gym membership?

No, but this will likely change, and soon.  I am really missing spin classes.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

About 7.

16. Do you have a "cheat" day?

Not really.  I give myself an extra 100 calories on long run days, but don't usually use them.

17. Do you have a workout buddy?

Currently, no.  But can't wait to change that!  :)

18. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

My confidence has skyrocketed, and I feel a lot better in general.

19. What is the last healthy thing you did?

Didn't eat meat today.  :)  Rocking this new year's goal!

Your turn!  Answer some of these questions!

Any advice for my shin splints?  I would soooo appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment