Friday, November 4, 2011

Sisters: Pinterest Challenge Volume Two

No...there is no echo in here.  Yes...we did just post a Pinterest Challenge.  However, that was Ashley's, and this is mine!  If you have a sister, you know we need our individuality!




For my shot at the Fall edition, I went for this wall art that I have been eyeing for some time.  Here's my inspiration as I saw it on Pinterest:



 I let this one sneak up on me a little bit, so I didn't get as thrify as I would like.  I bought a few frames at Hobby Lobby for 50% off (Fun Fact: According to the cashier, frames are always 50% off at HL...good to know), grabbed some scrapbook paper, and headed to the sister's house to use her cricut!

First, I had to arrange the frames.


Then, I cut the paper to fit the frames, and cricut-ted it up!  I went with "hope" instead of "love," just because the word felt more powerful for me.

I'm loving the finished product!  I especially love the paper I got for the background.  I'm glad I have one piece left over!  Now, I just have to get a floating shelf to put these on.  I'm also thinking about painting the frames white...but I'll have to keep mulling that one over.


Don't forget to head on over to Sherry's, Katie's, Ana's, and Erin's blogs...as they are the true masterminds of the Pinterest Challenge!
_________________________________________________________________

Now onto the next challenge: the Thankful Challenge!

Today...I'm thankful for co-worker outings.  They are always a great way to recharge my batteries!

Ashley's turn!

Today I am thankful for: Teaching and how good it feels when a child uses information they have learned from you.

2 comments: