Sunday, January 29, 2012

Resolutions Update

Can you believe it's already the end of January!  It seems like just yesterday we were posting about our 2012 goals/resolutions.  Being a month into the year, we thought it would a good idea to update on the goals we set...also to help remind and motivate us!

Amy's up first...

1. Actually complete either my workout room or my office.  No progress made on this one so far.  It's on the financial to-do list for March, after I throw my friend's baby shower and hopefully pay off a student loan.

2. Start a retirement savings account.  Again, no progress.  This one will pop up after the office is finished.

3. Run a sub-2:00 half marathon.  Starting to get nervous about this one, but I know it's too early for nerves.  The shin splints are back, and I'm not sure what it's going to do to my training (I've got my eyes on a May race, so would need to start training fairly soon).

4. Run a race in every season.  So far, so good...sort of.  I'm signed up for a Superbowl Shuffle 5K next weekend.  After that, planning on talking to the doctor about the evil shin splints, and then running a half in May.  Just haven't signed up yet.

Both of our teams are out this year...may as well run before the Superbowl (and then go eat some wings, obviously)!
5. Go meatless one day per week. Check. So far, so good!

Resolution: To spend more time appreciating what I have than worrying about what I don't.  I have my good days and bad days...but most are good.  Glad for the reminder though!

And Ashley...

Goals:
1.  Finish painting my house:  No progress made on this yet, being our house is new construction it had to be looked over and any issues with the construction had to be fixed by the builder... that took MUCH longer than planned and the work was only sub-par to me so we are currently fighting to have the work re-done...this time BETTER!  Paint will come soon after.

2.  Establish a workout routine that I look forward to following:  So far I've been seeing what is out there...  I've been able to get out for a few long walks that made me feel good about myself and I plan on trying to start the "Couch to 5K plan" found here.  I feel it is worth a try but I'm not going to hurt myself if I discover I'm just not a runner.

3.  Organize my life:  Working super hard on this and so far so good!! Very proud of myself.

and my resolution- To get in touch with old friends.    I haven't gotten in touch with many old friends YET, but I have tried to see the positive in people even if they aren't or have never been my friend.






How are you doing on your 2012 goals/resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment