So, we have already done a survey about how the year 2011 was for us, but this one takes a different approach for recapping the year...and like we've said, we love a good survey!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Amy: Ran a half marathon
Ashley: Got Married!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for 2012?
Amy: Yep...my resolution was to run 20 miles a month. I made a bunch, as we discussed in our new year's post.
Ashley: My resolution was to work out every day... I failed to keep it, but I did try.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Amy: Two of my cousins had babies.
Ashley: Yes! One of my best friends gave birth to my little godson!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Amy: Unfortunately, yes. But I believe she is in a better place.
Ashley: Unfortunately Yes. Our step-grandma passed away = (
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Amy: More appreciation for what I have.
Ashley: I'm going to have to give the generic answer 'money" because 2011 was full of wedding expenses.
6. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Amy: Probably my sister's and friend's wedding days.
Ashley: 7/15/2011 A very special little boy was born, 9.17.11- My wedding day
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Amy: If I had to pick one I'd say buying my house...it was the biggest leap of faith I think I've ever taken.
Ashley: Planning my wedding and having it go glitch free, moving into our first home! And a silly achievement I want to add... Taking Matt to the airport for a business trip AND picking him up, tollway driving+airport confusion is NOT my thing, but I did it!
8. What was your biggest failure?
Amy: Walking too close to the finish line at my 5k in March and missing my goal time by 12 seconds.
Ashley: Not going back to school like I wanted to.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Amy: Minor battle with shin splints, but nothing I couldn't conquer.
Ashley: Just a bad case of Strep Throat. Otherwise I was healthy this year... hope to keep up the good immune system for years to come!
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Amy: Definitely my house.
Ashley: oh goodness... I'd have to say our house even though we closed on it just before 2011.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Amy: Those fun mortgage payments.
Ashley: Wedding and mortgage
12. What did you get really excited about?
Amy: Buying my house, moving into my house, decorating my house...lol...Amanda's wedding, Ashley's wedding, my NYC trip, my first half, and finishing my masters!
Ashley: My bridal shower, bachelorette party, wedding day, honeymoon, the holidays, Amy's 1st Half Marathon!
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Amy: Lol...first one to pop into my head isn't one I can blog about...
Ashley: Way too many to count this year!
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Amy: Definitely happier
b) thinner or fatter?
Amy: Um...probably about the same
Ashley: I actually maintained give or take.
c) richer or poorer?
Amy: Probably about the same
Ashley: Richer - in more ways than one!
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Amy: Spent time with friends I don't see much.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Amy: Worrying about things I can't control.
Ashley: Being lazy and complaining.
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Amy: With my family at Matt and Ashley's house.
Ashley: Matt and I hosted it at our house this year.
18. What was your favorite TV program?
Ashley: Grey's Anatomy, The Bachelorette, Dancing With the Stars.
19. What was the best book you read?
Amy: Divergent by Veronica Roth. OMG. Amazing.
Ashley: I'd have to say the last book of the Twilight series was pretty good.
20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amy: Hm...just random songs I guess.
Ashley: The Michael Buble Christmas CD!
21. What did you want and get?
Amy: Kindle! Woot!
Ashley: A new camera.
22. What did you want and not get?
Amy: A boyfriend, lol.
Ashley: I think I was pretty fortunate this year.
23. What was your favorite film of this year?
Amy: The Help. Actually liked it better than the book, which SO does not happen in my world!
Ashley: Bridesmaids was definately a great comedy.
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Amy: Went to lunch and to the flea market. Pretty low key, but lovely for the big 2-7.
Ashley: Celebrated with Matt and Amy and had a new recipe night and then craft day with Amy a few days later! Such a fun gift.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Amy: This year was a pretty satisfying one...I don't think I would change it.
Ashley: Going back to school.
26. What kept you sane?
Amy: Running. Hands down.
Ashley: Trying to keep organized, taking time to relax when needed and my family.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Amy: To believe in myself, because we are capable of more than we could ever imagine.
Ashley: If you can't change it, then just stop worrying about it.